It has been quite a brutal winter up here in the Chicago ‘burbs, and I’ve been focusing a lot of my spare time during this winter break on self-care (when I’m not working). It is always important for me to go back to school after a break feeling refreshed, healthy, and like I generally took some time off to take care of myself (because I’ll inevitably forget to do this when the semester starts again). I thought I’d share with all of you some of my winter self-care essentials that I’ve been using religiously this winter break:
- Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Eucalyptus & Spearmint Body Wash & Foam Bath – $13.50 I recently featured this BBW Aromatherapy lifesaver in an insta post – but I’m sharing again because it’s definitely one of my winter essentials! Dealing with the freezing Chicago temps and dreary weather always gets me a little down (and cold, and ill, and kinda depressed, and… well, you get it). I cure some of that dreariness by taking an excessive amount of hot bubble baths! I use my this stress relief foam bath when I’m feeling a little anxious, and I use my Bodycology bath bombs (see below) every other time.
- Bath & Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizers – 5 for $6 The flu is going around up here like crazy!! Everyone in my office has been on edge and using Germex constantly! I keep these handy PocketBacs everywhere – one at my desk, two in my purse, in my car, around the house… basically in reach at all times. Not to mention, they smell WAY better than Germex.
- Lip Scrub I’ve admittedly been struggling this winter with extreeeemely dry lips. They’ve been so bad, that I’ve created a whole skincare routine just for my lips! Lol! For anyone else who struggles with their lips in the winter, try starting with a lip scrub like the one listed here, and then use a lip mask followed by Ulta’s amazing juice-infused lip oil, and EOS balm throughout the day! See my products linked below
- Lip Mask
- Ulta Juice Infused Lip Oil – $9 or Buy Two Get Two
- EOS Smooth Smear Lip Balm – $3.29
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo – $22 Okay, who else wakes up in the morning freezing cold and fighting just to get out of bed?! Chicago winters definitely take a toll on your daily life, and sometimes, it’s just damn hard to get out of bed and spend an hour washing, drying, and styling your hair. The best dry shampoo I’ve ever used is this guy right here! Personally recommended by my best friend and beauty guru, Danielle, who works at Sephora so her recommendation means more than mine!
- Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Mask – $4.29 for 6 oz. or $1.99 for individual mask I love the mud version of this mask, but it also comes in a gel version! It’s focused on detoxifying the skin, which is ahmazing and all, but I just use face masks during my excessive “self-care and relaxation” days in these brutal winters lol! Just be careful not to overuse any kind of face mask, as your skin will definitely dry out.
- Bodycology Bath Fizzies – $4.97 in-store at Walmart
- Finishing Touch Flawless – Instant and Painless Facial Hair Remover – $19.99 I cannot get over this product! It was actually given to me in my Christmas stocking from my mom (she still gives us stockings from “Santa” and probably will til I’m 50). Using a razor on your face when it’s THIS cold and dry is terrible – your skin is already dry, and using your razor to get rid of pesky facial hair just makes your face more dry and irritated. This amazing tool does what it promises – it doesn’t even feel like it’s removing hair, but it gets it ALL and leaves your skin feeling warm and smooth! ZERO irritation. I will never use anything else on my face!
What are YOUR winter self-care essentials?
xo – lawandlooks